New customers turn to Microsoft Dynamics to reduce operating costs, boost efficiency and improve citizen service delivery.
HOUSTON, March 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At Convergence 2012 today Microsoft Corp. announced 11 new Microsoft Dynamics customers from across the government, education and healthcare markets. These customers, including the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Louisiana State University (LSU) AgCenter, and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, join more than 1,000 public-sector organizations across every state in the U.S. that have adopted Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Microsoft Dynamics CRM to drive transformative cost savings and efficiencies.
"Government, education and healthcare organizations are facing increasing constituent demand for services in the face of harsh budget realities," said Amir Capriles, senior director, Dynamics U.S. Public Sector at Microsoft. "Given these common challenges, our public-sector customers are turning to Microsoft Dynamics offerings to maximize resources and make more effective use of mission-critical data."
Microsoft Dynamics capabilities serve a range of needs unique to the government, education and healthcare industries, from finance and human resources applications to information management tools designed to help streamline social services delivery, grants management, student recruitment, telemedicine and many other public-sector missions. The Microsoft Dynamics platform also allows organizations to realize these benefits using familiar, easy-to-use tools, equipped with interoperable collaboration assets that improve communications with colleagues, students, customers and constituents.
The following public-sector organizations have recently implemented Microsoft Dynamics solutions for cost and efficiency benefits:
Government and Healthcare
- Orange County Sheriff's Department. Focusing on the proactive career development of their sworn officers, the Orange County Sheriff's Department in California has secured Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to develop a commendations and complaints tracking solution. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is enabling sheriff personnel to effectively capture and respond to both commendations and complaints received as part of the Personnel history Index initiative within the department.
- Riverside County Economic Development Agency. In an effort to reduce ongoing system maintenance costs, the agency is leveraging Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to deliver a facilities management solution. The solution will manage all county buildings and will enable county employees to submit service request tickets that will be routed to the appropriate technicians based on service areas and skillsets to help ensure that requests are handled properly and according to county standards.
- Sound Transit. Created to provide safe and reliable bus and train service in the Puget Sound area, Sound Transit selected Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online to manage its customer service, community outreach and communications activities. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online enables Sound Transit to leverage existing cloud investments and will effectively track information about customers and projects to help ensure all members of the organization are informed about customer interactions.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs. With Microsoft Dynamics CRM, social workers at the Bureau of Indian Affairs will be able to deliver programs more effectively than before in some of the most isolated and economically depressed areas of the United States. The impact goes far beyond business efficiency to deliver an enhanced welfare and benefits program experience.
- USCIS. Microsoft Dynamics CRM was selected as the platform to modernize USCIS due to its flexibility and rapid time-to-value, which is critical to the success of the USCIS's immigration verification program. The overall USCIS strategy leverages information, talent, process and technology to understand, better serve and manage the verification program's constituents. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a critical component to making the program successful.
- California Department of Financial Institutions. By deploying a cloud-based solution running on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the California Department of Financial Institutions can now provide greater focus on serving the constituents in California with its public records tracker. Using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, many processes have been streamlined and the department has become a much more productive organization than before. Staff members are very confident that they are able to complete their work more efficiently.
- Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC). The IDOC leverages Microsoft Dynamics CRM as an enterprise offender management solution to provide a comprehensive, cost-effective set of tools and technologies to help improve coordination and management of information and services within the department. The solution is built on existing investments and provides a connected, scalable platform to combine data from multiple sources and create an electronic master file to provide a single, departmentwide view of inmates.
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. The county has implemented Microsoft Dynamics CRM and configured the solution to meet the needs of vehicle inspection, nurse workload and communicable disease tracking, as well as the labeling of prescriptions. With Microsoft Dynamics CRM it now takes nurses only two days to learn the system versus the six months that it used to take. The result has sharply increased productivity and the county's ability to rapidly deliver care. With the built-in audit trails in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the department can capture a record of every instance someone looks at or changes a patient case record, which helps the county easily comply with HIPAA.
- New York State Office For People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). OPWDD's new case management solution, built on Microsoft Dynamics CRM and in partnership with Mid-America Consulting Group, allows people with disabilities and their families to be more proactive in their service decisions by creating an electronic record for private and public-sector agencies to share case-specific information in real time. The ability to link directly into legacy systems and leverage existing platforms is significant in integrating information from both old and new systems. In addition to the ability to support better decisions about services that people need, the solution improves business practices with enhanced audit and accounting abilities. The solution is a critical component in transforming the way the department conducts business.
- LSU AgCenter. The LSU AgCenter, tasked with providing citizens with research-based educational information on agriculture, wanted an easier and more efficient way to report on business practices and help demonstrate compliance with government requirements. In addition, the university needed a lower-cost, less burdensome solution to assess the effectiveness of its outreach programs. To address this challenge, the LSU AgCenter deployed Microsoft Dynamics CRM and tailored the solution to the needs of its outreach programs. Now, with one system in place, the LSU AgCenter has eased government reporting, providing reports on an as-needed basis; improved business insight; and eased its development and IT support requirements.
- National Heritage Academies. National Heritage Academies is making significant progress in helping children fulfill their promise and potential. At the foundation of that progress is Microsoft Dynamics CRM. National Heritage Academies is now better able to foster more meaningful, substantive conversations around ways to enhance student learning experiences. Using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the organization is using data to track teacher activities and performance, resulting in analyses that help guide the future performance of teachers and programs. Its process now has a platform to change the analysis from a qualitative, subjective evaluation to relevant, actionable insights. With this information, National Heritage Academies is achieving a higher level of accountability, linking all its activities directly to student achievement.
More information about Microsoft Dynamics and how it can help organizations achieve their goals can be found by visiting the dedicated solution websites for government, education and healthcare organizations.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
SOURCE Microsoft Corp.