Enhancements to the free e-prescribing software save time by reducing the number of clicks in half and save lives with easier drug interaction alerts for busy doctors and nurses
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) community in the US, announced today that its award winning e-prescribing software has been revamped; creating a faster, simpler and more streamlined user experience based on community feedback. The company's free e-prescribing technology flagged more than 7,000 deadly drug interactions for medical professionals in 2011 alone.
Recently recognized as the top EMR for e-prescribing by Brown-Wilson's Black Booking Ranking survey of 120,000 medical providers, Practice Fusion's e-prescribing software is often used as a gateway technology for doctors moving away from paper medical records. Bitten by the digital bug, a majority of users that signed up for the e-prescribing system later select Practice Fusion as their complete EMR solution.
"It's a new year and we are focused on developing new free technology that saves lives, while delivering a great experience every time a doctor signs on," said Ryan Howard, CEO and Founder of Practice Fusion. "Even one less click means physicians can spend more time focusing on the patient and delivering quality care."
New e-Prescribing Features:
- The new e-prescribing workflow reduces the number of screens required to complete a prescription in half; the number of clicks required is also reduced by half
- Historical data on patient prescriptions is pre-populated for the doctor
- Search is improved for medications and frequently prescribed drugs
- The drug and allergy interaction alert screen is simplified to help doctors decide if a prescription is safe
- Pharmacy lookup is smarter to help users find one of over 70,000 US pharmacies
- Translated prescription instructions to reduce confusion between the patient, physician and pharmacist
- Click to watch an e-Prescribing video demo of the updated workflow
- Physicians – click here now to sign up for free e-prescribing with Practice Fusion
e-Prescribing is a key requirement for the federal Meaningful Use incentive program, which can earn eligible medical providers $44,000 or more. As a free and fast solution, Practice Fusion users are able to attest with a smaller time investment compared to other vendors and can maximize incentives without paying for a pricey EMR system. To learn more about how Practice Fusion can help you or your practice qualify for Meaningful Use, please visit the Practice Fusion Meaningful Use Center.
About Practice Fusion:
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health information technology status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 130,000 users serving 28 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in April 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
Press Contact – Stephanie Schlegel
Email: [email protected]
Location: San Francisco
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
ProfNet - https://profnet.prnewswire.com/Subscriber/ExpertProfile.aspx?ei=93794
SOURCE Practice Fusion