EHR company reveals development of a native iPad application and talks with Peter Thiel on stage at annual user conference in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Health Record (EHR) community in the US, shared insight into its roadmap for the year ahead, including development of a native iPad application with top design firm, Cooper, during Practice Fusion Connect 2011. Members of the medical community from across the country joined Practice Fusion for the sold out event, the company's second annual user conference in San Francisco.
Alan Cooper, known as the "Father of Visual Basic" and a frequent author on usability, appeared on stage during the event to show an early prototype of the company's iPad application. The Cooper design team began working on the mobile application during the summer. The first version of the free iPad EHR system will be released in 2012. In addition, the company revealed plans for simplifying e-prescribing, launching doctor websites and moving to a new office in downtown San Francisco.
"When we started Practice Fusion, the market was cluttered with EHR options that were expensive and took a long time to implement," said Ryan Howard, CEO and Founder of Practice Fusion. "By offering a fast and free solution, Practice Fusion has gained a major advantage in the market. 2011 was a big year for us and we have even bigger plans for next year. We are focused on bringing the best free technology to every doctor and nurse."
- National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Farzad Mostashari, MD skyped in to discuss the push to modernize medicine
- Peter Thiel sat down with CEO Ryan Howard to discuss the future of healthcare and said that technology has made it possible to live past the age of one hundred, something he hopes to do himself
- Alan Cooper discussed how disruptive technologies should not disrupt the user
- A panel of Meaningful Use experts reviewed the basics to arm all attendees and live stream viewers with the information to receive their full incentive
- The three winning short films from the Disposable Film Festival Health were screened for the audience
- Daniel Kraft, MD highlighted how important feedback loops are for the healthcare industry
- CEO Ryan Howard revealed the company has now passed 130,000 users, including doctors, nurses and staff
"The next two and a half years will be very important for EHRs with adoption being driven by current government incentives," said Peter Thiel, a managing partner at Founders Fund, co-founder and former chairman and CEO of PayPal, and the first investor and board member of Facebook. "Practice Fusion has the potential to be the platform company in the electronic record space, and that's going to be an unbelievably important place to be; they will transform health outcomes for the better."
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EHR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EHR community in the country with more than 130,000 users serving 25 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in April 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
Press Contact – Stephanie Schlegel
Email: [email protected]
Location: San Francisco
SOURCE Practice Fusion