Brown-Wilson's independent survey of 120,000 ambulatory medical providers finds Practice Fusion as the leader in key Electronic Medical Record (EMR) features
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion has been named the top EMR for e-prescribing and keeping users on track to achieve Meaningful Use incentives in a report surveying over 120,000 medical providers by Brown-Wilson's Black Book Rankings. Practice Fusion was previously awarded as the 2011 No. 1 EMR vendor in customer satisfaction. The free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system is the fastest growing in the US with over 100,000 users serving 25 million patients.
"Once again, Brown-Wilson's research proves that doctors can get the best performance from a completely free EMR," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "Our community is the largest group of medical professionals currently working toward Meaningful Use incentives, and we're doing everything possible to make the process easy. Every doctor should take a closer look at Practice Fusion."
- 224 EMR systems were included in the 2012 State of the e-Prescribing Industry report
- According to the survey of 120,000 medical providers, Practice Fusion beat Greenway, Amazing Charts and GE Centricity in e-prescribing client satisfaction
- The free EMR system also outperformed Epic, NextGen and Allscripts in helping users achieve Meaningful Use standards
- As part of the federal government's HITECH mandate, eligible medical providers can qualify for $44,000 or more in incentives if they demonstrate Meaningful Use of a certified EMR system
- Physicians can save an estimated $1,000-$1,750 annually by choosing a free e-prescribing service and up to $100,000 a year for choosing a free EMR
- InformationWeek Healthcare named Practice Fusion one of "Six e-Prescribing Vendors to Watch"
Practice Fusion has grown to become a leading force in the health IT sector. The company delivers easy-to-use technology to medical providers in small and mid-sized practices across the country, especially among primary care specialties. Practice Fusion's EMR system includes charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, lab integrations and referral letters to replace paper in the medical practice.
Practice Fusion is available free to any medical provider in the country with no installation or downtime required. Medical providers can sign-up for Practice Fusion online at www.practicefusion.com in less than five minutes.
The complete Brown-Wilson 2011 State of the e-Prescribing Industry report is available free through the Practice Fusion. Other primary care specialty reports and the Black Book Rankings Top Primary Care Ambulatory EMR Software Vendors Buyers Report are available for purchase on Amazon.com.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 100,000 users serving 25 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in April 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Practice Fusion