Helps employers deliver higher quality, lower cost healthcare to employees
DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Paladina Health, LLC., a direct primary care health services management company, today announced the opening of its affiliated Tacoma clinic at 1250 Pacific Avenue in Tacoma. The clinic is the first of a network of clinics the company plans to build throughout Puget Sound.
Paladina Health’sTM innovative model of care is built to deliver a concierge-like service experience, improve patients’ health and reduce the total cost of healthcare for both employers and individuals. This is achieved by:
- Changing payment to a fixed monthly membership fee rather than traditional fee-for-service physician reimbursement (which links financial incentives to administering more treatments and procedures);
- Reducing the number of patients each physician supports by 65-70 percent vs. that in traditional primary care settings;
- Expanding the scope of traditional primary care – to also include prevention/wellness and basic urgent care and chronic disease management – to cover 85-90 percent of healthcare services within the scope of the membership;
- Providing tools that enable patients to make informed, empowered choices about specialist and acute care providers;
- Holding physicians accountable for their patients’ health outcomes and satisfaction with their care experience.
The Paladina Health clinic offers a new and different benefit option for employers in the Puget Sound area – one that helps employees stay healthy, reduces costs and increases productivity. Moreover, employers can subscribe to the Tacoma clinic or work with Paladina Health to develop a new clinic within or near their work site.
The clinic is also available to individuals who want to purchase a membership directly.
“Patients have the right to expect more from their health care experience,” said Dr. David Cameron, a physician at Paladina Health. “At our Tacoma clinic, patients will receive more personalized care, more comprehensive visits and easier access to their care team.”
Paladina Health recently announced the acquisition of Wisconsin-based ModernMed®, bringing the company’s direct primary care model to 26 physician practices and clinics. Eight to ten more clinics are planned for the Puget Sound area over the next few years.
“Our vision at Paladina Health is to change the way health care is provided in the U.S.,” said Misha Palecek, president of Paladina Health. “The recent acquisition of ModernMed and the opening of our Tacoma clinic have us well on our way to achieving that vision.”
Paladina Health and the Paladina Health logo are trademarks of Paladina Health, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Paladina Health
Paladina Health’s mission is to provide unbiased advocacy for patients and employers in their quest to improve access to high-quality, affordable healthcare. Paladina Health strives to redefine employer-provided healthcare in the United States. More information is available at www.PaladinaHealth.com.
Lauren Moughon, 206-724-3826
KEYWORDS: United States North America Colorado Washington
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Hospitals General Health