FairWarning® privacy breach detection solutions now protect customers representing over 800 hospitals and 2,500 clinics, up 103% over the same time period in 2010
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- FairWarning, Inc., the inventor and world’s leading supplier of cross-platform healthcare privacy auditing solutions for Electronic Health Records, today announced important year-to-date milestones:
- FairWarning® now protects patient privacy in over 800 hospitals and 2,500 clinics across the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, Wales and France, which represents 103% growth in hospital customers over the same time period in 2010. FairWarning® also on-boarded its first privacy breach detection customer in France
- Over 55 percent of FairWarning® customers have won the healthcare industry’s highest awards including those from Most Wired, Malcolm Baldrige and U.S. News Best Hospitals
- In November 2011, FairWarning® launched several new programs, including its 2.9.5 product release, which leverages the FairWarning® Ready for Electronic Health Records initiative to streamline healthcare application privacy auditing through template driven point and click interfaces. 2.9.5 enables FairWarning® Certified Professionals to add audit sources rapidly and instantly enable reporting and breach detection analytics, representing an “orders of magnitude” advance in easing the deployment of privacy breach detection
- FairWarning® received KLAS Konfidence Checkmarks; 100% of respondents indicated they trust FairWarning® to keep its promises. Click here to read press release
- Another new program, FairWarning® Ready Certified Professional Training was also announced in November 2011, with first courses scheduled for February, May and October of 2012. This program is designed to improve the effectiveness of FairWarning® deployments by providing best practices training.
- Country-wide Surveys to Assess the Impact of Privacy Considerations on Patient Outcomes were conducted and introduced to the media through FairWarning® in the United States and the United Kingdom. Comparable surveys have also been completed by FairWarning® in France (released on January 17) and Canada with the results planned for release on January 26. This thought-leading global initiative to elevate patient privacy as a priority is the largest of its kind and has demonstrated that privacy impacts when, from whom and where patients receive care.
- Announcement of FairWarning® Ready for Electronic Health Record Vendors, an open copyright data definition guide for the consistent production of best-practice privacy breach audit data, designed to make privacy auditing data widely available from healthcare application vendors, and to reduce the overall costs, time and effort associated with privacy auditing. Overall, FairWarning® now provides production support for over 150 healthcare applications including Allscripts, Epic, GE and McKesson. Click here for a list of vendors
- Announcement of plans to hire 70 new FairWarning® team members through 2012, driven by FairWarning® customer adoption and success. Click here for full press release
- Release of Industry’s First Survey on Care Provider Best Practices for Privacy Breach Remediation, a follow-on to FairWarning®’s ground-breaking 2010 Breach Findings Report, which was the first industry report to document insider privacy breach occurrences by locality, category and frequency. Click here for the report
- NHS Scotland selected FairWarning® for every board throughout Scotland as well as privacy protection for the country’s Health Information Exchange, Emergency Care Summary. Click here for full press release
- Executive Series Webinar in FairWarning® with over 750 registrations, titled “Accounting of Disclosures: Practical Approaches & Enforcement Update”
“FairWarning®’s mission has always been to provide care providers with a tried and true privacy breach detection and prevention solution that ensures the uninterrupted growth of electronic health records,” said Kurt Long, CEO of FairWarning®. “Our continued success and growth is attributable to the growing number of care providers who are committed to ensuring greater patient privacy protections, and effectiveness and efficiencies in patient care. Care providers deploying the technology and business processes associated with FairWarning® privacy breach detection and prevention are leaders in privacy and leaders in patient care,” stated Long.
See FairWarning® at these Upcoming Events
To see a demonstration of FairWarning® privacy breach detection solutions, register for one of the events below, or contact the company at [email protected]:
- CTC Centricity Technical Conference, San Diego, CA USA, January 29-31, 2012
- MetaCompliance® Breakfast Networking Event, Bristol, UK, February 8, 2012
- 2012 Academic Medical Center Security and Privacy Conference (AMCSP), Chapel Hill, NC, USA, April 22-25, 2012
- HCCA 2012 Compliance Institute (National Show), Las Vegas, NV, USA, April 29-May 2, 2012
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® is the inventor and global leader in appliance-based software solutions which monitor and protect patient privacy in electronic health records enabling healthcare providers and health information exchanges to confidentially connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning®’s turnkey privacy auditing solutions are compatible with healthcare applications from every major vendor including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, UK Freedom of Information Act, California SB 541 and AB 211, Texas HB 300, and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning® visit http://www.FairWarning.com or email [email protected].
Alison W. Matherly, 727-576 6700 x137
KEYWORDS: United States North America Florida
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Security Health Hospitals General Health