MGMA 2010 Annual Conference Booth #1028
NEW ORLEANS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NaviNet, America's largest real-time healthcare communications network, today announces NaviNet EMR and NaviNet PM, solutions that deliver physician practices comprehensive electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management (PM) functionality fully integrated with health plan communications via NaviNet's industry-leading multi-payer Web portal, NaviNet Insurer Connect. This first-of-its-kind solution for unified patient information management (UPIM) offers healthcare providers and professionals one-stop access and convenience by linking administrative, financial and clinical workflows within a physician practice into a single, secure Web site. This combination of NaviNet solutions lets medical office professionals manage key patient data and office processes from one access point, reducing operating costs, increasing efficiency, simplifying practice workflows and improving patient care and service.
The enhanced all-in-one NaviNet solution offers a central, secure, online location from which to manage key aspects of the medical office, and to connect with health plans, patients and healthcare service providers. NaviNet EMR and NaviNet PM integrated with health plan communications can minimize errors, and improve quality and patient safety while making it easy to manage complex inter-related processes like patient scheduling, billing, accounts receivable, eligibility and benefits, pay for performance (P4P), clinical decision support and more. NaviNet EMR and NaviNet PM, like NaviNet Insurer Connect, are hosted and fully managed and maintained by NaviNet, eliminating the costs associated with installing a standalone EMR or PM system and having in-house or outsourced IT staff to maintain it for the practice. NaviNet EMR is CCHIT-certified and will be ONC-certified for Meaningful Use in Q1 2011. All NaviNet solutions are fully HIPAA-compliant.
"Integrating EMR and PM features and workflows with health plan communications is a unified approach to patient information management that will enable improved quality and more efficient delivery of care, while also streamlining the operational aspects of physician practice such as administrative and financial management," said Thomas J. Handler, M.D., research director, Gartner. "Provider offices having easy and fast access to more patient data will also offer the patient a much better medical experience, as it will reduce redundant questions and paperwork, and can even avoid unnecessary treatments."
All-In-One EMR, Practice Management and Health Plan Communications
The integration of fully comprehensive EMR and PM features with NaviNet Insurer Connect represents a new, patient-centric approach to healthcare information management that offers seamless, easy access to integrated administrative, financial and clinical information from health plans, patients, providers and other data sources.
NaviNet EMR and NaviNet PM are powered by CureMD, an award-winning healthcare information technology company in business for more than ten years with products already in use by thousands of physician offices. Features and benefits of these solutions include:
- Integration with health plan transactions and data: Save time and increase efficiencies with one log in and seamless access to EMR, PM, revenue cycle management and patient and payer portals. Applications share data, which eliminates double key entry as patient information pre-populates health plan workflow screens. This provides a comprehensive view of the patient to support more informed care decisions.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) model: Web-based, fully hosted and managed solution means no need to hire IT staff, or implement or maintain technology systems.
- Full compliance and certification: NaviNet EMR is CCHIT-certified and enables providers to qualify for ePrescribing and PQRI incentives. NaviNet EMR will be ONC-certified for Meaningful Use in Q1 2011. All solutions are HIPAA-compliant and will meet ICD-10 mandates.
- Robust security: Both solutions are supported by NaviNet's unique and proven security architecture and model with role-based access control, audit trail and monitoring, and 128 bit SSL encryption. This security ensures that the right patient data reaches the right authorized healthcare providers at the right organization at the right time.
- Comprehensive EMR and Practice Management functionality: Key EMR features include: medical history, clinical summary, eRx, clinical reminders, patient management and education, Key Performance Indicators, orders and results management, and data mining reports. Key PM features include: scheduling, referral management, messaging, calendar, electronic billing, ERA, patient statement cycling, collections and coding.
"The introduction of NaviNet EMR and NaviNet PM is an important and valuable extension of NaviNet's product suite and a significant enhancement to our leading health plan communications solutions, marking our evolution as a leader in unified patient information management," said Brad Waugh, president and CEO of NaviNet. "NaviNet offers much more than just transactions or data exchange. We offer a platform that transforms patient data into meaningful information, going beyond simply facilitating or monitoring data exchange to truly managing patient data throughout the lifecycle of care events."
Pricing and Availability
NaviNet EMR and NaviNet PM will be generally available in Q1 2011. NaviNet has launched an early adopter program with a small set of qualified physician practices. If you are interested in participating, please see NaviNet staff at booth #1028 at the MGMA 2010 Annual Conference. For more information visit: www.NaviNet.net/earlyadopter.
NaviNet, America's largest real-time healthcare communications network, securely links leading health plans and industry partners to hundreds of thousands of physicians, clinicians and other healthcare professionals. More than 70 percent of the nation's physicians are enrolled in the NaviNet Network, which touches 121 million covered lives. NaviNet's advanced solutions, services and expertise streamline business processes and drive industry-leading innovation. In a time when access to healthcare is a critical issue, NaviNet fosters collaboration and helps government, plans and providers improve quality of care and reduce costs. For more information, or to sign up for NaviNet, please visit www.NaviNet.net or call 617-715-6000 or 800-805-7569. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6480129&lang=en