Where Technology, Business, Research, and Policy Connect
WASHINGTON, Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- On behalf of the organizers of the 3rd Annual 2011 mHealth Summit, we would like to invite you to join us this December 5-7 at the world's largest mobile health event with an expected 3000-3500 attendees from 40 countries. With healthcare costs skyrocketing in Western countries and families in the poorest countries still lacking proper access to medical services, mobile health (mHealth) has great potential to transform healthcare systems and improve health outcomes.
What: The 2011 mHealth Summit will convene leaders from across key sectors of government, industry, academia, providers, technology innovation, not-for-profit organizations, and the private sector. This year's theme of "Shaping the Future of Mobile Health" is explored through a cross-sectoral analysis of the critical issues surrounding mobile health including Technology, Research, Policy, Business, and mFinance.
Who: The 2011 mHealth Summit is presented by the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) in partnership with the mHealth Alliance, the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is the leading conference advancing cross-sector collaboration in the use of wireless technology to improve health outcomes.
Attendance at the 2011 event is expected to reach 3500-4500 mobile health leaders and representatives from across 40 countries with the following keynote speakers:
- Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services
- Regina M. Benjamin, MD, MBA, U.S. Surgeon General
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
- Paul E. Jacobs, Chairman & CEO, Qualcomm
- Sangita Reddy, Executive Director, Operations, Apollo Hospitals Group
- John Stratton, EVP & COO, Verizon Wireless
- Eric J. Topol, MD, MBA, Vice Chairman, West Wireless Health Institute
- And more to be announced
When: December 5 – 7, 2011
Where: Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, National Harbor, MD (Washington DC Metro area)
Why press should attend:
- Free conference registration online, visit >> http://mhealthsummit.org/news_registration.php
- Access to conference speakers and panelists
- On-site workspace
- On-site press interview rooms available on request
- Access to multimedia library of recorded keynotes, sessions and interviews
Program highlights include:
- Expanded Program: 8 Keynote Speakers, 4 Super Sessions, and 60 Concurrent Sessions across 12 Tracks.
- Expanded Exhibit Floor – 300 exhibitors covering 30,000 square feet
- Special Pavilions
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Pavilion featuring mHealth research from institutes, centers, and offices
- Qualcomm Wireless Health Pavilion featuring 32 wireless health exhibits
- StartUp Pavilion feature 40 of today's most innovative companies
- HIMSS HIT mHealth Vendor Pavilion featuring beyond-the-edge technologies
- M-Enabling Summit – A co-located event hosted by G3ict, the FCC and the ITU, featuring mobile and wireless technologies for seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Mobile Health Venture Fair – Connecting innovative companies with investors
- FierceMobile-sponsored Executive Breakfast – Powering the Care Models of Tomorrow
- Designing Mobile Experiences for Healthcare Consumers Workshop http://mhealthsummit.org/program_special_experience.php
- Complimentary Registration: http://mhealthsummit.org/news_registration.php
- Conference program: http://mhealthsummit.org/program_details.php
- Twitter: @mhealthsummit, hashtag: #mhs11
SOURCE 2011 mHealth Summit