We come across them at conferences, trade shows and meetings, in online interviews, stories, columns and blog posts and at meetings with policy-makers helping to shape the future of healthcare--those passionate healthcare executives who are always at the ready to help a fellow CEO and other industry leaders navigate the toughest issues facing healthcare today.
They are a special brand of industry leader … and at FierceHealthcare, we not only recognize their contributions but also want to extend their reach to benefit our readers.
To that end, FierceHealthcare is proud to announce that we have formed an Editorial Advisory Board to help guide our coverage of the healthcare industry and to ensure we are focusing on the topics that are of utmost importance to CEOs and other healthcare leaders. We've established a board of similarly stellar editorial advisors of our other daily news site, FierceHealthIT.
Our advisers have already helped us shape the news we bring to you, from the impact of the November election on healthcare reform to improving staff and patient satisfaction to emergency room overcrowding to the secrets of accountable care organization success.
Without further ado, let me introduce to you the members of our Editorial Advisory Board (Be sure to check out their bios, pictures and links to the stories in which they've been featured, too):
- William Cors, Chief Medical Quality Officer, Pocono Health System, East Stroudsburg, Pa.
- Sheila Johnson, Director of Clinical Services, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Lebanon, N.H.
- Jesse Pines, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Health Policy, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Gaurov Dayal, Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President of Physician Innovation and Integration, SSM Health Care, St. Louis, Mo.
- Raymond Hino, board member of the Health Research & Education Trust and former CEO, Mendocino Coast District Hospital, Fort Bragg, Calif.
- Mark Callahan, Chairman and CEO, Mount Sinai Care, New York, N.Y.
- Kent Bottles, Senior Fellow at The Thomas Jefferson University School of Population Health, Philadelphia
- Jeremy Tucker, Emergency Department Medical Director, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital, Leonardtown, Md.
- George Miller, Jr., CEO, Okmulgee Memorial Hospital, Okmulgee, Okla.
- James Merlino, Chief Experience Officer, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Robert Sehring, CEO of Ambulatory and Accountable Care Services, OSF HealthCare System, Peoria, Ill.
- Mina Ubbing, President and CEO, Fairfield Medical Center, Lancaster, Ohio
- Brian Harte, President, South Pointe Hospital, Warrensville Heights, Ohio
- David Musyj, President and CEO, Windsor Regional Hospital, Ontario, Canada
I'm sure you'll agree that we are lucky to have such an esteemed group of advisors, representing top-notch hospitals and health systems from across the U.S. and Canada, with a range of experience and expertise that will help us shape and prioritize the topics and trends we cover.
Establishing these boards is a key step in our ongoing effort to continuously improve the relevancy and quality of our content.
Of course, we also have an important group of informal advisers and sources--and that group includes you, our readers. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please send me an email. - Gienna (@Gienna)