Guest post by Scott Kashman, chief administrative officer of Cape Coral Hospital, part of the Lee Memorial Health System in southwest Florida.
Have you ever invited people over to our home? Of course you have. Your home tells a lot about you and those under your roof. It reflects your culture, passions and values. It showcases what you want others to know about you--sometimes direct and often, very subtle. It is a place where you want to be and certainly where you want others to feel welcome--unless you really are not one to invite people over!
Over the next several months, all of our hospital's departments will create their "story house" showcasing the following:
- Alignment with our health system strategy and goals
- Alignment with the hospital's operational priorities: safety, flow and experience
- Integration of our optimal healing environment framework into each health system strategy, goals and operational priorities--this has been a way to really deepen people's purpose and remember their "why" they went into the healthcare field
- Utilization of lean as our management system
- Implementation of the department's 90 day priorities--this is a much more engaging way beyond a 90 day plan that sits on the shelf