Phil Bredesen and Jeb Bush Join Prominent Health Executives in Leading Discussions and Debates in Health Care and Reform
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Health Evolution Partners (“HEP”), announced today that former Governors Jeb Bush and Phil Bredesen will join esteemed executive speakers from across the health care industry in Health Evolution Partners Innovation Network’s Leadership Summit 2011. This is the 12th annual gathering of 250 of the nations’ top healthcare CEOs, prominent private investors, policymakers and other thought leaders in an executive-level, invitation-only summit.
This year’s Summit brings together a notable list of innovative health care CEOs and executives who will guide discussion and debate regarding health, healthcare and drivers of the next generation. Highlights include:
- G. Mike Mikan, Chief Executive Officer, Optum, will talk with Jeff Margolis, Founder and Chairman, Trizetto Group about the Tectonic Shift for Health Plans and the future for the sector with reactor commentary from Brad Fluegel Former Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy and External Affairs Officer for Wellpoint and David Jones, Jr., Chairman and Managing Director, Chrysalis Ventures, LLC and Board member, Humana.
- Richard P. de Filippi, Chairman, American Hospital Association, Michael Maves, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Vice President, American Medical Association and Steven Ubl Chief Executive Officer, AdvaMed will talk with Joe Conn, Reporter, Modern Healthcare about how major shifts in the health care landscape are affecting providers, mitigation and innovation strategies emerging in the market and predictions for the future.
- Arnie Milstein, Professor of Medicine and Director of Clinical Excellence Research Center, Stanford University will talk with Rushika Fernandopulle, Co-Founder and President, Iora Health, Tom Lee, Chief Executive Officer, One Medical Group and Norm Wu, Chief Executive Officer, Qliance about their new models for care. Then, Carolyn Clancy, Director, Agency for Health Care Research and Quality, will provide her perspective on these models from the federal vantage point.
- Bruce Broussard, Chief Executive Officer of US Oncology will be interviewed by Rob Fraiman, Chief Executive Officer of Cain Brothers about the uniting strategy of the McKesson acquisition.
- James Guest, Chief Executive Officer, Consumers Union and Greg Wasson, Chief Executive Officer, Walgreens, both with a keen yet unique focus on driving the business of consumer health engagement, will exchange perspectives with Michael Roizen, Chief Wellness Officer, Cleveland Clinic.
- Tom Priselac, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cedars-Sinai and Past Chair of the American Hospital Association will talk with accomplished executives Paul Diaz, Chief Executive Officer, Kindred Health, Mark Ganz, Chief Executive Officer, Regence, Bob Margolis, Chief Executive Officer, Health Care Partners, and Andy Slavitt, Chief Executive Officer, Ingenix about risk-shifting, Accountable Care Organizations and their prognosis for the movement.
- Neil De Crescenzo, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Health Sciences, Julie Gerberding, President, Merck Vaccines and David Schlotterbeck, Chief Executive Officer, Care Fusion will discuss the Globalizing Business of Health and where they see global approaches taking health care in America.
- Phil Bredesen, former Governor, State of Tennessee and Jeb Bush, former Governor, State of Florida will talk with Greg Simon, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Policy, Pfizer and former Chief of Staff for Al Gore about a topic that is dear to the consumer in us all … the road ahead for health care in the upcoming presidential election.
The Leadership Summit will also launch its inaugural Innovation Day on Friday, April 29. Health Evolution Partners will showcase a line-up of leading Chief Executive Officers charting a course in innovation, Chief Innovation and Transformation Officers driving change and high profile policy makers inspiring health innovation. Attendees will hear from accomplished innovators like Michael Dell, Chief Executive Officer, Dell, who will share his thoughts on how to drive successful change and Dell’s views on opportunity in health care. A complete copy of the action-packed agenda is available at www.healthevolutionpartners.com/leadership-summit-2011-agenda.
“As the health care industry reacts to the passage and implementation of health reform and many other rapid-pace changes in the health care marketplace, every stakeholder needs to accelerate the rate of experimentation, adaptation and evaluation of new technologies and service models,” said Chairman David J. Brailer, MD, PhD, Chairman Health Evolution Partners. “The Leadership Summit will shed light on the tectonic shifts in health care and how top leaders are adapting so they can take advantage.”
“The Leadership Summit is HEPIN’s marquis annual executive gathering designed to enable innovative company CEOs to network with large health care company executives,” said Julie Murchinson, Executive Director of HEPIN, “The Summit is key to advancing HEPIN’s objective of enabling active connections between major strategic companies and innovative growth companies to accelerate adoption of market-tested, scalable innovations in health care.”
About Health Evolution Partners
Health Evolution Partners invests in rapidly growing companies that are commercial leaders in the health care industry. We invest in all key sectors of the health economy: hospitals, physicians, managed care, pharmaceutical developers, device makers and consumer products and services. Health Evolution Partners is guided by a team of exceptional health care investors and operators. We connect our companies to an unparalleled network of health care innovators, policymakers and thought leaders. We bring both financial resources and mindshare to our companies. Health Evolution Partners forms close working partnerships with outstanding management teams who are building important and valuable enterprises. We align our success with our companies as they grow and prosper. For more information on Health Evolution Partners, visit www.healthevolutionpartners.com.
Health Evolution Partners
Julie Murchinson, 415-362-5800
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Practice Management Health Biotechnology Fitness & Nutrition Hospitals Public Policy/Government Healthcare Reform Pharmaceutical Public Policy State/Local White House/Federal Government Professional Services Insurance FDA Managed Care