SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Health 2.0 announces the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge Code-a-thon at Google on October 2, 2010. The code-a-thon is an all day event where developers can connect, collaborate, and build solutions in real-time. The code-a-thon will be the kick-off to Health Innovation Week, which is a week long series of conferences, meetings, and events highlighting innovation in health care information technology.
News regarding the code-a-thon:
- The code-a-thon will introduce new datasets with live on-site challenges, and build on the existing online challenges.
- First DataBank will provide its drug databases free-of-charge to anyone developing applications that require content to support medication-related decisions and help improve patient safety and healthcare outcomes.
- Winning teams will be eligible for fun prizes and a select number will advance to a special Developer's stage at Health 2.0 to get a chance to present to leaders of HHS and the venture capital community.
A great line-up of speakers:
- Roni Zeiger, Chief Health Strategist, Google
- Samantha Chui, Solutions Engineer and Mike Mee, API and PAT Product Manager, Keas
- Sean Duffy and Zhen Zeng, IDEO
- Walter Luh, CTO and interim CEO, Ansca Mobile
About the Health 2.0 Developer Challenge: The 2010 Health 2.0 Developer Challenge was launched on June 2, 2010 at the Community Health Data Initiative (CHDI) meeting at the IOM, with support from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The goal of the challenge is to bring the Health 2.0 Community together for rapid application development, both online and in physical code-a-thons. For more see www.health2challenge.org
About Health 2.0: The Health 2.0 Conference is the leading showcase of cutting-edge technologies in health care, including Online Communities, Search and lightweight Tools for consumers to manage their health and connect to providers online. The next Health 2.0 conference is on October 7-8 in San Francisco, the culmination of Health Innovation Week. For more see www.health2con.com
SOURCE Health 2.0