Broad spectrum of innovative technologies for enabling efficient and effective healthcare delivery to be displayed at its annual Technology Symposium
SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Fujitsu Laboratories of America today announced that it will display innovative technologies to help improve efficiency in various operations of the healthcare industry. The showcase is part of its 5th annual Technology Symposium titled "Healthcare Technology Convergence - Smart Consumers Meet Care Delivery of the Future." Some of the highlights to be demonstrated are: Biometric patient identification, patient data digitization, electronic paper-based portable outpatient guides, mobile phone based remote health monitoring and many other leading-edge technologies. Also, over 300 healthcare executives from practitioners, technology providers, investors and consumer advocates are expected to participate to share ideas and best practices.
“The challenges in today’s healthcare systems and delivery require creative technology and out-of-the-box business thinking,” said Hitoshi Matsumoto, President and CEO of Fujitsu Laboratories of America. “As a recognized leader in open innovation, we are pleased to show technology in action that alleviates our customers’ pain points.”
Healthcare technologies and solutions on display include:
- Fujitsu PalmSecure™ Biometric Solutions for patient authentication
- Use of palm vein biometric information for secure and efficient patient check-in and registration coupled with fast and easy single sign-on solutions for enhanced productivity.
- Document scanners for record management solutions
- Digitization of back office data to help eliminate time consuming and costly manual paper-based recordkeeping to online storage, thus improving workflow processes.
- Outpatient Guidance Solution
- Use of small portable color electronic paper-based signage to inform patients of waiting times and doctor status, allowing patients to make efficient use of their time.
- Data-driven healthcare technology
- Technology for continuous mobile monitoring and analyzing a person’s physiology on a 24/7 basis.
- Fujitsu mobile phone technologies for healthcare and personal wellness management
- Fujitsu mobile phone, available in the Japanese market and the first to receive certification from Continua Health Alliance®, is equipped with a Health Device Profile Manager to transmit data to electronic health applications.
- Mobile phone prototype that measures pulse rate while on the move via an ear-clip by utilizing near infrared LED and photo diode.
- Fujitsu Interstage® Automated Process Discovery
- Unique technology that quickly and accurately visualizes clinical processes for analysis, assessment, and improvement for best medical outcomes.
- Fujitsu STYLISTIC® Q550 Slate PC offers exceptional usability for physicians
- The STYLISTIC Q550 slate PC is a feature-rich PC with a very portable tablet form factor running Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit. A business-class slate PC with stringent security features, it’s designed to provide high reliability, durability, and optimum usability in an enterprise environment. Physicians can benefit greatly from its interactive features as well as easy-to-use multi-touch and pen input capabilities, especially while on the move.
- Managed Infrastructure
- Fujitsu's full suite of data center services provide flexible, continuous service availability for healthcare businesses while controlling costs and implementing sustainability.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$55 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
About Fujitsu Laboratories of America
Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. (Japan), focusing on research on advanced VLSI CAD, Internet, and interconnect technologies. Conducting research in an open environment, it contributes to the global research community and the working IT industry. It is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please see: www.fla.fujitsu.com
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, Interstage, STYLISTIC and “shaping tomorrow with you” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Inc.
Surya Josyula, 1-408-530-4512
KEYWORDS: United States Asia Pacific North America California Japan
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Consumer Electronics Data Management Hardware Internet Networks Software Telecommunications Practice Management Health Mobile/Wireless Other Health Research Other Science Science General Health Managed Care