RESTON, Virginia, May 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- WHO: Ekahau Inc. (http://www.ekahau.com/) WHAT: World of Health IT 2011 WHERE: Booth619 Syma Center Budapest, Hungary WHEN: May 10-12, 2011 (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20090513/347052 )
At World of Health IT 2011, Ekahau will showcase how its Wi-Fi-based real time location system (RTLS) and Wi-Fi site survey tools can deliver a host of benefits to hospitals and healthcare facilities - from more efficient operations and infection control to environmental monitoring and enhanced patient/staff safety. Here's just a sample of what you can expect to see from Ekahau:
- Interactive Demonstrations - See Ekahau RTLS in action for a variety of healthcare-related applications, including asset tracking, staff safety, patient tracking and wireless sensing. Some of the latest applications include:
- Infection Control - Ekahau's Wi-Fi Hand Hygiene Monitoring (http://www.ekahau.com/news/readallnews/press-releases/263-ekahau-develops-so lution-for-monitoring-hand-hygiene.html) solution automatically monitors hand hygiene of employees in the healthcare facilities to prevent the spread of hospital acquired infections and other transmittable diseases. The prototype of this solution has been developed conjunction with GOJO, whose SmartLink(TM) Series Dispensers are equipped with the Ekahau RTLS technology to track the location and staff interactions with patients and to measure hand hygiene activity down to the individual caregiver.
- Temperature and Humidity Sensing - Ekahau recently added three new wireless temperature and humidity sensor tags ( http://www.ekahau.com/news/readallnews/press-releases/260-ekahau-introduces-n ew-wireless-temperature-and-humidity-sensor-tags.html) that provide an automated way to measure, monitor and manage areas where changes in the environment could be harmful. The tags are designed to assist with regulatory compliance and improve operations in a number of industries, including healthcare, retail, manufacturing and hospitality.
- Ekahau Site Survey ( http://www.ekahau.com/products/ekahau-site-survey/overview.html) - This simple-to-use software tool is designed for professional Wi-Fi (WLAN) network planning, site surveys and administration. With the addition of Ekahau Mobile Survey ( http://www.ekahau.com/news/readallnews/press-releases/247-ekahau-introduces-e nterprise-grade-wi-fi-network-analysis-for-mobile-phones-and-tablets.html) , the first enterprise-grade Wi-Fi toolkit designed specifically to operate on mobile devices, IT managers now have a powerful tool to analyze and monitor their Wi-Fi networks in real-time via Android smartphones or tablet computers.
- Industry Solution Session - On May 11, from 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Ekahau will host an industry solution session on Wi-Fi RTLS: How to enable real time visibility to hospital operations? This session will be led by Ekahau CEO Antti Korhonen and Gary Cordery, Head of Medical Equipment Management Services at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals.
(Due to the length of the above URLs, it may be necessary to copy and paste these hyperlinks into your Internet browser's URL address field. Remove the space if one exists.)
About Ekahau, Inc.
Ekahau Inc. is the industry leader in providing Wi-Fi-based RTLS solutions. Ekahau's customers, including several Fortune 500 companies worldwide, are realizing the benefits of Wi-Fi based location services and innovative Wi-Fi network planning and optimization tools. Ekahau's solutions are being used in more than 300 hospitals around the world, as well as by manufacturing, retail and industrial companies, government agencies and the military. Ekahau partners include wireless software developers, leading system integrators and international OEM partners, who develop and market wireless enterprise applications. Ekahau is a U.S.-based corporation, with headquarters in Reston, Va., and other offices in Saratoga, Calif.; Helsinki, Finland; Tokyo; and Hong Kong. For more information about Ekahau, please visit http://www.ekahau.com.
SOURCE Ekahau Inc.