More than 200 Healthcare Executives Discuss Innovative Programs to Motivate Health Behavior Change at Silverlink’s RESULTS 2011
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- RESULTS 2011, Silverlink Communications’ eighth annual consumer health engagement conference, is being held in Boston this week, May 24-25. With a focus on Seeing Healthcare Through the Eyes of the Consumer, the event discusses and fosters innovative ways healthcare companies can engage consumers to take a more active role in their health.
More than 200 healthcare executives from the leading health plans, population health and pharmacy companies are attending the two-day summit to hear some of the most successful programs in healthcare communications. The agenda includes presentations from consumer experience leaders, health literacy experts, chief medical officers and more than 20 nationally recognized thought leaders – all sharing best practices and outcomes for effectively engaging consumers to improve health and reduce costs. Sessions will focus on the strategic use of communications to meaningfully engage consumers in health decisions.
Keynote speaker Atul Gawande opens the meeting with a presentation on process improvement in healthcare. Gawande is a surgeon at Brigham & Women's Hospital and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, associate professor of surgery at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health, and staff writer for The New Yorker magazine. Gawande is joined by a number of nationally-renowned speakers, including:
- Thomas Goetz, Executive Editor, WIRED Magazine and Author, The Decision Tree: Taking Control of Your Health in the New Era of Personalized Medicine;
- Dan Buettner, Author, The Blue Zones;
- David Wennberg, Chief Science & Products Officer, Health Dialog;
- Bari Harlam, Senior Vice President, Member Engagement, CVS Caremark;
- Ingrid Lindberg, Customer Experience Officer, CIGNA Corporation;
- Charlotte Yeh, Chief Medical Officer, AARP;
- Mark Merritt, President & Chief Executive Officer, Pharmaceutical Care Management Association;
- Amy Ship, Internist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School; and
- Julie Rosen, Executive Director, The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare.
The event is hosted by Silverlink. The summit will feature collaborative breakout sessions in three key areas.
- Keep Me Healthy session topics focus on empowering healthcare consumers to manage chronic conditions, engage in preventive care, and overcome barriers to sustained engagement.
- Keep Me Adherent sessions reveal new research on barriers to medication and treatment plan adherence and showcase innovations that effectively address these unique challenges.
- Understand Me Better sessions focus on loyalty and brand affinity to improve retention and win back strategies for health plans.
At Silverlink, we get that health and healthcare costs — which are enormous, in both size and significance — are actually the sum of millions of individual decisions. When one person decides to smoke, another gets a cancer screening, a third abandons diabetes medication — these are the individual behaviors that taken together make up the state of our nation’s health and the costs associated with it. That is why, when Silverlink set out to transform healthcare, we went right to the individual. Our entire focus, our mission, and our method are about helping move individual people in small, healthier ways — the cumulative effect of which can save millions of lives and billions of dollars.
Silverlink is a registered trademark of Silverlink Communications Inc. All other brand and product names contained in this release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Susan Frankle, 781-425-5719
Vice President, Corporate Marketing
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Practice Management Health Cardiology Fitness & Nutrition Hospitals Oncology Pharmaceutical Other Health Professional Services Insurance Diabetes General Health Managed Care Physical Therapy