National health plans and health delivery organizations engaged with industry peers and thought leaders to uncover how health plans and providers can work together
CHICO, Calif., Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Landacorp, a Carewise Health affiliate, successfully hosted its annual Healthcare Symposium in New Orleans, November 2-4. Senior industry leaders from Thomson Reuters, Microsoft, Accenture, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey and SHPS, Inc. all presented.
Attendees raved of the event: "The entire venue was informative... "The content here was the best... "Enjoyed the Best Practices, Perspectives and Panel... "The perfect mix of humor and industry knowledge."
- Rishabh Mehrotra, president and CEO of SHPS | Carewise Health, shared the company's vision for enabling improved health and lower costs.
- Best Practices in Collaborative Care, presented by Dr. Ray Fabius, chief medical officer of Thomson Reuters, focused on patient care strategies, including population health management, behavior economics and how to bend the curve for better care collaboration.
- Perspectives on Risk Sharing, Data Sharing and Member Engagement was presented by Andrew Ziskind, M.D., partner and senior executive of Accenture, and Pat Orchard, director of clinical operations of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey. Dr. Ziskind's extensive experience in the accountable care organization/provider market coupled with Ms. Orchard's practical experience at a national health plan provided actionable takeaways for session participants.
- Landacorp presented its collaborative care solution, CareRadius, highlighting product suite enhancements.
- Microsoft's Hector Rodriguez and Ben Flock presented the Consumerization of IT, which highlighted advancements and thought-provoking prototypes for innovation in managing member health through mobile technology.
- Jim Dolstad, chief actuary and vice president of reporting and actuarial services of Carewise Health, shared valuable research demonstrating the return-on-investment of information and analytics, and the power of lifestyle management and clinical experience data.
Landacorp, a Carewise Health affiliate, has been creating software solutions for health plans and healthcare-delivery organizations for more than 25 years. Proven to perform in the largest user groups, the company's CareRadius Suite automatically identifies the right members for timely and cost-effective intervention; enables highly efficient collaboration among providers, members and health plans; and delivers clinical care tools that improve member health. Visit www.landacorp.com for more information.
SOURCE Landacorp, a Carewise Health Affiliate