SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Certify Data Systems, Inc., a pioneer of rapidly deployable and scalable Health Information Exchange (HIE) systems, today announced that HealthLogix™, its enterprise HIE platform, passed numerous Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) profile tests at the recent 2014 IHE North America Connectathon. Certify is a subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation's leading health and well-being companies.
During the Connectathon event, HealthLogix proved its interoperability with various distinct health care IT systems, validating the platform's ability to successfully exchange clinical data according to IHE standards and meet Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements.
Connectathon is the health information technology industry's largest interoperability testing event, which drew more than 500 of the industry's top engineers and IT architects from more than 100 companies. More than 140 systems were tested during this year's event.
Certify demonstrated that its HealthLogix Enterprise HIE platform establishes true interoperability with any ONC-Authorized Testing and Certification Bodies (ONC-ATCBs) certified electronic health records (EHR) product used by hospital systems, medical practices or laboratories. This interoperability enables hospitals, health systems and community care teams utilizing a range of distinct EHR solutions to achieve Meaningful Use Stage 2 HIE criteria and connectivity to help drive population health management in their communities.
"Certify has continued to prove, for the third year in a row, that HealthLogix can arm health care teams with the HIE solutions necessary to exchange and query clinical data between distinct EHR systems," stated George Morris, Vice President of Engineering with Certify. "In addition to successfully proving interoperability, we look forward to announcing additional new and enhanced capabilities of HealthLogix at the upcoming HIMSS14 Annual Conference that will redefine population health management for value-driven care."
At the 2014 IHE North American Connectathon, Certify completed four testing areas including:
- Cross Community Patient Demographic (XCPD) — Verifies HealthLogix's ability to query individual identification data among health care teams by geographic location as well as demographic identifiers.
- XDS.b Registry and Repository — Validates HealthLogix's ability to store and query individual summaries.
- Patient Identity Manager (PIX/PDQ) — Assesses the ease with which HealthLogix allows disparate EHR systems to query patient identification through patient IDs or demographic information. The Patient Identify Manager also enables disparate systems to receive updates to patient identification data as they change.
- Cross Community Gateway (XCA) — Enables HealthLogix customers to access patient data from any health care system across the U.S. The Audit Trail and Node Authentication (ATNA) Integration Profile, as well as Security Policy and Procedures establish the security of a user's accountability, patient data integrity and confidentiality.
Certify will demonstrate various new enhancements and capabilities of its HealthLogix platform at the HIMSS14 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Fla., February 24-26, 2014, at booth 3729.
About Certify Data Systems
Certify Data Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), is a pioneer in health information exchange (HIE) technology. The company's HealthLogix Enterprise HIE platform has been adopted by the nation's leading hospitals, physicians and laboratories. Certify's HIE platform provides bi-directional semantic interoperability between disparate Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, enabling all health care providers to exchange essential health information in real-time. In addition to processing electronic orders and results the HealthLogix HIE platform delivers Continuity of Care Documents and Clinical Document Architecture seamlessly across a health care ecosystem. Certify's industry leading "network approach" is easy to deploy, scale, manage and support. Certify is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. Follow us on Twitter at @CertifyData.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company's web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors)
- Corporate Governance information
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Certify Data Systems, Inc.
SOURCE Certify Data Systems, Inc.