Open-Standards Cardiology System Integrates Patient Information and Images from Multiple Departments and Sources
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DR Systems, one of the most respected names in healthcare information systems, announced today that Armstrong County Memorial Hospital (Kittanning, Penn.) has chosen DR Systems’ Unity CVIS solution to meet its cardiology department's CVIS needs.
“We’re very pleased that Armstrong has partnered with DR Systems to improve workflow and patient care in their cardiology department,” said John Conklin, Director of Cardiology Programs at DR Systems. “The department will be taking advantage of an infrastructure that spans across the entire enterprise.”
Utilizing open standards and technology, Unity CVIS is based on DR Systems' Unity RIS/PACS platform which was rated the leading RIS/PACS product for 2010 by KLAS®. KLAS is a prominent research and consulting firm that specializes in monitoring and reporting the performance of healthcare information technology vendors, including picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) companies. The annual KLAS award “signifies leadership in working with customers to resolve issues and match expectations to reality.”
The Unity CVIS bolsters the “Best in KLAS” RIS/PACS with a set of workflow-related features for cardiology departments, including numerous options for multi-modality image review and reporting. For instance, the Unity CVIS’ patient-centric application enables both cardiologists and administrators to access patient information and images from multiple departments and data sources via one common platform and database. A single platform and database solution provides users with improved access to data, while also improving patient care, patient safety, and departmental efficiency.
According to Conklin, “The CVIS will give Armstrong's cardiologists rapid access to both cardiology-based and radiological-based data and images. Put another way, Unity’s information technology architecture and application capabilities support efficient communication and collaboration between cardiology and radiology departments. In fact, we suggest that hospital administrators also consider reviewing healthcare reform criteria that motivate cooperation between these two areas.”
Benefits of the Unity CVIS include:
- Ability to add a wide range of vendor devices or solutions. With its open architecture and integration capabilities, Unity CVIS gives healthcare facilities the ability to adapt to evolving healthcare and technology needs as they see fit.
- Comprehensive, longitudinal views of patient data. Unity CVIS integrates images and patient information from disparate sources, meaning cardiologists can view all relevant imaging and non-imaging patient data on a single platform.
- Information to improve productivity and overall management. Unity CVIS offers a Management Reports module to enable facilities to gather data, generate productivity and usage reports, and perform workflow and department analyses.
Unity CVIS capabilities include:
- Multi-modality support for Cardiac and Vascular Ultrasound, X-Ray Angiography, Coronary CT & MR Angiography, Nuclear Cardiology, and Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Advanced imaging manipulation
- Integrated clinical reporting
- Point-of-care access to patients’ demographic, history, physical, admission, order, and results data.
About DR Systems
DR Systems is the leading independent provider of enterprise imaging and information management systems for integrated healthcare networks, hospitals, and diagnostic imaging centers. For more than 18 years, the company has helped over 500 hospitals and imaging center sites lower their cost of operation by improving management of patient information, eliminating ancillary IT systems and interfaces, and increasing workflow speed, while also providing better clinical quality and patient care. KLAS® recognized DR Systems and its Unity™ RIS/PACS as the leading PACS vendor and product in its 2010 Top 20: Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services report published in December 2010.
For more information, call 800-794-5955 or visit www.drsys.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Pennsylvania
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Networks Software Health Hospitals General Health