View Aetna's (AET) Q2 Earnings Report
- Operating earnings per share were $1.05
- Net income per share was $1.14
- Commercial medical benefit ratio was 80.1 percent; Commercial medical benefit ratio was 83.2 percent excluding prior-period reserve development
- Medical membership totaled 18.6 million members at June 30, 2010
- Aetna now projects 2010 operating earnings per share of $3.05 to $3.15
- Operating earnings was $467.4 million for Q2 2010, compared to $336.0 million for the Q2 2009.
- Revenues for Q2 2010 dropped by 2 percent to $7.9 billion, primarily due to a decline in premium revenue resulting from lower Commercial Insured membership and a slight decline from the mix of business, partially offset by premium rate increases.
Check out Aetna's current earnings estimates from CNN Money
See how AET is performing right now
Aetna's website: www.aetna.com