Tag:

Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)

Latest Headlines

Latest Headlines

GAO report: CMS, VA need better breach response

Federal agencies--including the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services--continue to struggle with information security and need to improve their response to data breaches, the Government Accountability Office says in a new report.

Obama administration postpones enrollment deadline for some

The Obama administration formally announced it will allow some people who have already begun the process of enrolling in the federal exchange more time to complete their sign up.

Online resource to aid small practices with ICD-10 switch

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has launched a free online resource called "Road to 10" to help small practices make the transition to ICD-10. "This transition is...

CMS wants improper eRx payments back

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to recover improper payments made through its Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and the Electronic Prescribing Incentive (eRx) Program, according to a recent notice published in the  Federal Register.

Obama administration drops Medicare Part D changes

After surprising industry stakeholders with proposed changes to Medicare Part D, the Obama administration on Monday dropped the proposal due to strong opposition.

ONC's Karen DeSalvo meets the press

National Coordinator for Health IT Karen DeSalvo answered the question on everyone's mind this morning: When will healthcare providers get more detail about today's announcement that CMS will...

Small businesses to see premiums rise

About 65 percent of small businesses soon will see premiums increase. The remaining 35 percent of small companies will see premiums drop, according to a recent report from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

CMS' Robert Tagalicod hints at Meaningful Use 'relief' announcement at HIMSS

On Thursday--the final day of the 2014 HIMSS conference that gets underway in Orlando today--there will be an announcement about Meaningful Use "under the rubric of relief," said Robert Tagalicod, director of the office of e-health standards and services at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

Doc-led ACOs could hurt hospital finances

The first class of 137 accountable care organizations saved $380 million in the first year, but could ACOs damage hospitals' bottom line in the long run? Perhaps. Some of those savings are because ACOs excluded hospitals from their groups,  Businessweek  reported.

OIG to CMS: Quit allowing drug costs for jailed beneficiaries

Medicare Part D overpaid almost $12 million for inappropriate, gross drug costs for incarcerated beneficiaries from 2006 through 2010, according to results of an Office of Inspector General audit. The overpayment resulted from weak internal controls at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.