The big question for Medicare ACOs is how they will distribute the savings. According to Robert Williams, national medical director at Deloitte Life Sciences-Healthcare Consulting, based in McLean, Va., "many organizations that are in this process still haven't defined how they're going to do the distribution of savings."
But the Deloitte consultant and former primary care physician said he is hopeful the effects of accountable care on patient care will be great and patients will immediately notice a difference in more touch points with their providers, as well as self-care education.
"It'll improve patient satisfaction if ACOs if can execute effectively," Williams said.
For a full-size image, click here.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Mount Kisco - Mount Kisco, N.Y.
- Accountable Care Coalition of the North Country, Canton - N.Y.
- AHS ACO - Morristown, N.J. (Serving beneficiaries in New Jersey and Pennsylvania)
- Chinese Community Accountable Care Organization, New York City
- CIPA Western New York IPA, doing business as Catholic Medical Partners - Buffalo, N.Y.
- Crystal Run Healthcare ACO - Middletown, N.Y. (Serving beneficiaries in New York and Pennsylvania)
- Hackensack Physician-Hospital Alliance ACO - Hackensack, N.J. (Serving beneficiaries in New Jersey and New York)
- Jordan Community ACO - Plymouth, Mass.
- North Country ACO - Littleton, N.H. (Serving beneficiaries in New Hampshire and Vermont)
- Optimus Healthcare Partners - Summit, N.J.
- Physicians of Cape Cod ACO - Hyannis, Mass.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Caldwell County - Lenoir, N.C.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Coastal Georgia - Ormond, Fla. (Serving beneficiaries in Georgia and South Carolina)
- Accountable Care Coalition of Eastern North Carolina - New Bern, N.C.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Greater Athens Georgia - Athens, Ga.
- Accountable Care Coalition of the Mississippi Gulf Coast - Clearwater, Fla. (Serving beneficiaries in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area)
- Accountable Care Coalition of Texas - Houston, Texas
- Coastal Carolina Quality Care - New Bern, N.C.
- Florida Physicians Trust - Winter Park, Fla.
- Jackson Purchase Medical Associates - Paducah, Ky.
- Primary Partners - Clermont, Fla.
- RGV ACO Health Providers - Donna, Texas
- West Florida ACO - Trinity, Fla.
- AppleCare Medical ACO - Buena Park, Calif.
- Arizona Connected Care - Tucson, Ariz.
- Premier ACO Physician Network - Lakewood, Calif.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Southeast Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Wis.
The second cohort started July 1, made up of 88 ACOs (down from the initially announced 89). They are:
- Accountable Care Coalition of Green Mountains - Greater Burlington and North Central Vermont
- Accountable Care Coalition of Maryland - St. Mary's County and Southern Maryland
- Accountable Care Coalition of Syracuse - Onondaga and Cayuga Counties, New York
- Asian American Accountable Care Organization - New York
- Barnabas Health ACO - North New Jersey
- Beacon Health Partners - Nassau, Suffolk, Kings, Queens, New York, Bronx, N.Y.
- Central Maine ACO, Maine
- Chautauqua Region Associated Medical Partners - Chautauqua County region, N.Y.
- Circle Health Alliance, - Massachusetts and New Hampshire
- Coastal Medical - Rhode Island
- Concord Elliot ACO - Central and Southern New Hampshire
- Greater Baltimore Health Alliance Physicians - Central Maryland and Greater Baltimore
- Harbor Medical Associates - Norfolk- Plymouth, Mass.
- Healthcare Provider ACO - New York City and Long Island, N.Y.
- Independent Physicians ACO- Upper Manhattan, N.Y.
- Maine Community Accountable Care Organization - Maine
- MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization - Maine
- Maryland Accountable Care Organization of Eastern Shore- Maryland
- Maryland Accountable Care Organization of Western Shore - Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- Mount Sinai Care- New York metropolitan area
- MPS ACO Physicians - Fairfield, Litchfield, New Haven, Hartford, Middlesex Counties, Conn.
- PriMED, Southern Connecticut
- ProHealth Accountable Care Medical Group - Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan counties, N.Y.
- WEST MED Medical Group - North York, Connecticut
- Accountable Care Coalition of Northwest Florida - Escambia County, Pensacola and Northwest Florida
- Accountable Care Coalition of the Tri-Counties - Charleston, S.C.
- Accountable Care Partners - Jacksonville, Fla.
- Allcare Options- Florida
- Anew Care Collaborative - Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina
- BHS Accountable Care - San Antonio, Texas, and surrounding communities
- Cornerstone Health Care - North Carolina
- Cumberland Center for Healthcare Innovation - Eastern Middle Tennessee
- Essential Care Partners - Texas
- Florida Medical Clinic - Hillsborough, Pasco Counties, Fla.
- FPG Healthcare - Florida
- HealthNET - Dade, Broward, Palm Beach Counties, Fla.
- Integrated Care Alliance - North Central Florida
- Medical Mall Services of Mississippi - Mississippi Delta, Jackson and Eastern Alabama
- Medical Practitioners for Affordable Care - Brevard County, Fla.
- Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Organization - Greater Houston, Texas
- Methodist Patient-Center ACO - North Texas
- MissionPoint Health Partners - Middle Tennessee
- Palm Beach Accountable Care Organization - Palm Beach, Broward, Fla.
- Physicians ACO - Greater Houston metropolitan area
- Reliance Healthcare Management Solutions - North and Central Florida
- Southern Kentucky Health Care Alliance - South Central and Northern Kentucky
- St. Thomas Medical Group - Nashville, Tenn.
- Summit Health Solutions - East Tennessee
- Texoma ACO - Northern Texas and Southern Oklahoma counties
- TP-ACO - Louisiana, Tennessee, Florida
- Triad Healthcare Network - North Carolina
- WellStar Health Network - Atlanta
- AzPCP-ACO - Maricopa County, Az.
- Central Utah Clinic - Utah
- Golden Life Healthcare, Greater Sacramento - Calif., Nevada
- John C. Lincoln Accountable Care Organization - Greater Phoenix
- John Muir Physician Network - Contra Costa, Solano and Alameda Counties, Calif.
- Meridian Holdings* - Hawaii; California; Texas; Florida; Georgia; South Carolina; North Carolina; Washington; D.C.; Maryland
- Nevada Primary Care Network - Las Vegas, Nev.
- North Bend Medical Center - Southwest Oregon
- North Coast Medical ACO - Oceanside, Vista, Carlsbad, San Marcos, Calif.
- Polyclinic Management Services Company - Seattle, Wash.
- Torrance Memorial Integrated Physicians - California
- Advocate Physician Partners Accountable Care - Illinois
- ApolloMedAccountableCare Organization - Greater Los Angeles and Central California
- Aurora Accountable Care Organization - Greater Milwaukee, Wis.
- BJC Healthcare ACO - Illinois and Missouri
- Accountable Healthcare Alliance - Southeast Michigan
- Chicago Health System ACO - Greater Chicago and western suburbs
- Deaconess Care Integration - Tri-state area of Southern Indiana, Western Kentucky and Western Illinois
- Dean Clinic and St. Mary's Hospital Accountable Care Organization - South Central Wisconsin
- Essentia Health - Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin
- Francisan AHN ACO - Indiana
- Genesis ACO - Iowa and Illinois
- Heartland Regional Medical Center, - Northwest Missouri
- Indiana University Health ACO - Metropolitan Indianapolis, Ind.
- Iowa Health Accountable Care - Cedar Rapids area, Ill.
- Mercy ACO - Central Iowa
- Mercy Health Select - Cincinnati
- Oakwood Accountable Care Organization - Western Wayne County, Greater Dearborn, Downriver Community, Mich.
- ProHealth Solutions, - Wisconsin
- ProMedica Physicians Group - Southeastern Michigan and Northwestern Ohio
- Quality Independent Physicians - Kentucky, Southern Indiana
- Southeast Michigan Accountable Care - Southeast Michigan
- Summa Accountable Care Organization - Summit County and surrounding areas, Northeast Ohio
- University Hospitals Coordinated Care - Northeast Ohio
- University of Iowa Affiliated Health Provider - Iowa
*ACO spans multiple regions
Williams also noted that if the Medicare ACOs are successful, the collaboratives can apply what they learn to other types of patients. "The same skill sets in the Medicare program are needed in other populations."