Welcome to the first annual FierceHealthcare review of health plan CEO compensation.
Despite the trials and tribulations of the past year, there are several executives still raking in quite a few dollars at the end of the day. This is a look at some of the top total compensation packages from 2008 based on information gathered from the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission.
For more information, scroll through the list below; click on each name to get a more in-depth profile.
1. Ron Williams, Aetna
2. H. Edward Hanway, CIGNA
3. Angela Braly, WellPoint
4. Dale Wolf, Coventry Health Care
5. Michael Neidorff, Centene
6. James Carlson, AMERIGROUP
7. Michael McCallister, Humana
8. Jay Gellert, Health Net
9. Richard Barasch, Universal American
10. Stephen Hemsley, UnitedHealth Group