FierceHealthcare and FierceHealthIT announce new Editorial Advisory boards
Hospital and Health System executives will advise editors, help shape content
OCTOBER 29, 2012, WASHINGTON, D.C. -- FierceHealthcare and FierceHealthIT, two of the healthcare industry's largest and all-digital news publications, today announced the formation of Editorial Advisory Boards for each of the two daily news publications. The expert boards are comprised of a select group of executives from hospitals, healthcare systems and allied organizations from across the U.S. and Canada.
The board members, comprised primarily of hospital CEOs and CIOs, will provide the publisher and editors with valuable insight and perspective on the latest news and trends in healthcare and health IT, and will consult on topics for special reports, editorial-driven webinars, deep-dive eBooks and executive roundtable events.
"The experience and expertise of our editorial advisers will help us shape and prioritize the topics and trends we cover. It's part of a wider ongoing effort to continuously improve the relevancy and quality of our content," says Gienna Shaw, Editor-in-Chief of FierceHealthcare and FierceHealthIT.
FieceHealthcare and FierceHealthIT are daily digital news services that include free eNewsletters and robust websites that house exclusive content, including interviews with healthcare executives; in-depth eBook reports; specially programmed webinars and expert commentary. All content can be downloaded for free.
"These advisory groups are crucial to getting the right dialogue around topics that people need to be thinking about," says David Holland, a FierceHealthIT advisory board member who is vice president and CIO of Southern Illinois Healthcare in Carbondale, Ill.
"As someone involved in new care delivery models and facing challenges that other healthcare companies face, I want to help highlight important issues," adds fellow advisory board member Gaurov Dayal, chief medical officer and senior vice president of physician innovation and integration at SSM Health Care, a 17-hospital system based in St. Louis, Mo.
Adds John Halamka, a FierceHealthIT editorial advisory board member who is CIO of Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, board members should "share the issues that keep us up at night. We need to share our mistakes so others do not make them."
FierceHealthIT's editorial advisory board is composed of the following members:
• Drexel DeFord, CIO, Steward Health Care System, Boston
• John Halamka, CIO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston
• Indranil Ganguly, CIO and Vice President, CentraState Medical Center, Freehold, N.J.
• Stephen Stewart, CIO, Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Iowa
• Donna Staton, CIO, Fauquier Health System, Warrenton, Va.
• David Holland, CIO and Vice President, Southern Illinois Healthcare, Carbondale, Ill.
• Edward Marx, CIO and Senior Vice President, Texas Health Resources, Dallas-Fort Worth
• Roger Neal, CIO and Vice President of IT, Duncan Regional Hospital, Duncan, Okla.
• Todd Richardson, CIO, Aspirus, Inc., Wausau, Wis.
• Theresa Meadows, CIO, Cook Children's Health Care System, Fort Worth, Texas
• Ed Bennett, Director of Web and Communications Technology, University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore
• Joseph Kvedar, Director, Partners HealthCare's Center for Connected Health, Boston
• David Harlow, Principal, The Harlow Group LLC, Boston
FierceHealthcare's editorial advisory board includes:
•William Cors, Chief Medical Quality Officer, Pocono Health System, East Stroudsburg, Pa.
• Sheila Johnson, Director of Clinical Services, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Lebanon, N.H.
• Jesse Pines, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Health Policy, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
• Gaurov Dayal, Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President of Physician Innovation and Integration, SSM Health Care, St. Louis, Mo.
• Raymond Hino, board member, Health Research & Education Trust, based in San Francisco
• Mark Callahan, Chairman and CEO, Mount Sinai Care, New York, N.Y.
• Kent Bottles, Senior Fellow at The Thomas Jefferson University School of Population Health, Philadelphia
• Jeremy Tucker, Emergency Department Medical Director, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital, Leonardtown, Md.
• George Miller, Jr., CEO, Okmulgee Memorial Hospital, Okmulgee, Okla.
• James Merlino, Chief Experience Officer, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
• Robert Sehring, CEO of Ambulatory and Accountable Care Services, OSF HealthCare System, Peoria, Ill.
• Mina Ubbing, President and CEO, Fairfield Medical Center, Lancaster, Ohio
• Brian Harte, President, South Pointe Hospital, Warrensville Heights, Ohio
• David Musyj, President and CEO, Windsor Regional Hospital, Ontario, Canada
FierceHealthcare is the leading source of healthcare management news for healthcare industry executives. Every day, more than 80,000 healthcare professionals rely on FierceHealthcare to provide a daily news briefing on the most important issues in healthcare.
FierceHealthIT delivers must-know news, information and analysis to healthcare CIOs and other health IT executives and decision-makers. Every day, more than 50,000 healthcare IT professionals rely on FierceHealthIT to provide a daily news briefing on the most important issues in healthcare IT.
Based in Washington, D.C., FierceMarkets, a wholly owned subsidiary of Questex Media Group, is a leader in B2B digital media, providing information and marketing services in the healthcare, telecommunications, life sciences, IT, energy, government, and finance industries through its portfolio of email newsletters, websites, webinars and live events. Every business day, FierceMarkets' wide array of publications reaches more than 1.3 million executives in more than 100 countries.
For more information:
Wendy Johnson, Healthcare Group Publisher