If there is one constant in journalism, it is that a reporter is only as good as his or her sources. And at FierceHealthIT, we are extraordinarily lucky to have some exceptional sources.
These are the folks who not only offer us their expertise and opinions but tend to be at the forefront of discussions on how to use health IT to make healthcare better, who are always at the ready to help a fellow CIO and other industry leaders navigate the toughest issues facing healthcare today, and who are generous in sharing best practices and lessons learned.
At FierceHealthIT, we not only want to recognize their contributions, but also want to extend the reach of this special brand of industry leadership to the benefit of our readers.
To that end, FierceHealthIT is proud to announce that we have formed an Editorial Advisory Board to help guide our coverage of the healthcare industry and to ensure we are focusing on the topics that are of utmost importance to CEOs and other healthcare leaders. And we've established a board of similarly stellar editorial advisers for our other daily news site, FierceHealthcare.
Our advisers already have helped us shape the news we bring to you, from the biggest challenges facing CIOs in 2013 to using business intelligence to prepare for changing payment models to mobile healthcare's role in Meaningful Use to how the healthcare reform reinforces importance of health IT and even the dangers of moving too fast on health IT project implementation.
Without further ado, let me introduce to you the members of our Editorial Advisory Board (be sure to check out their bios, pictures and links to the stories in which they've been featured, too):
- Drexel DeFord, CIO, Steward Health Care System, Boston
- John Halamka, CIO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston
- Indranil Ganguly, CIO and Vice President, CentraState Medical Center, Freehold, N.J.
- Stephen Stewart, CIO, Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Iowa
- Donna Staton, CIO, Fauquier Health System, Warrenton, Va.
- David Holland, CIO and Vice President, Southern Illinois Healthcare, Carbondale, Ill.
- Edward Marx, CIO and Senior Vice President, Texas Health Resources, Dallas-Fort Worth
- Roger Neal, CIO and Vice President of IT, Duncan Regional Hospital, Duncan, Okla.
- Todd Richardson, CIO, Aspirus, Inc., Wausau, Wis.
- Theresa Meadows, CIO, Cook Children's Health Care System, Fort Worth, Texas
- Ed Bennett, Director of Web and Communications Technology, University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore
- Joseph Kvedar, Director, Partners HealthCare's Center for Connected Health, Boston
- David Harlow, Principal, The Harlow Group LLC, Boston
Establishing these boards is a key step in our ongoing effort to continuously improve the relevancy and quality of our content.
We count ourselves extremely fortunate to have such a well-regarded group of advisors, representing top-notch hospitals and health systems from across the U.S. and Canada, with a range of experience and expertise that will help us shape and prioritize the topics and trends we cover.
Of course, we also have a wide array of informal advisors and sources--and that group includes you, our readers. We hope you'll contribute to the discussion as well: Feel free to send me an email to share questions, comments or suggestions. - Gienna (@Gienna)