The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services today announced 89 new accountable care organizations (ACO) to the Medicare Shared Saving Program. With these new ACOs, the number of providers participating in Medicare Shared Savings initiatives now totals 154.
Moreover, five of the new ACOs applied for a version of the program that provides opportunity for a higher share of savings by sharing any losses if costs of care increase, CMS noted in a fact sheet.
"The Medicare ACO program opened for business in January and, already, more than 2.4 million beneficiaries are receiving care from providers participating in these important initiatives," CMS Acting Administrator Marilyn Tavenner said today in a statement.
The newest additions to accountable care include the WellStar Health Network in Georgia, which has 1,203 physicians; Advocate Health Partners in Illinois, which has 2,237 physicians; and Genesis Accountable Care Organization in Iowa, comprised of hospitals employing ACO professionals and has 312 physicians.
Essential Health also joins the list, with a combination of ACO group practices, critical access hospitals and a rural health clinic, and 1,404 physicians to serve Medicare beneficiaries in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin, according to the fact sheet.
Meanwhile, applications for the next round of ACOs will open Aug. 1 for organizations that want to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings program, starting Jan. 1, 2013.
- MPS ACO Physicians, LLC - Middletown, Conn.
- PriMed, LLC - Shelton, Conn.
- Central Maine ACO - Lewiston, Maine
- Maine Community Accountable Care Organization, LLC - Augusta, Maine
- MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization - Portland, Maine
- Circle Health Alliance, LLC - Lowell, Mass. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Massachusetts and New Hampshire)
- Harbor Medical Associates, PC - South Weymouth, Mass.
- Concord Elliot ACO LLC - Manchester, N.H.
- Barnabas Health ACO-North, LLC - West Orange, N.J.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Syracuse, LLC - Syracuse, N.Y.
- Asian American Accountable Care Organization - New York City
- Balance Accountable Care Network - New York City
- Beacon Health Partners, LLP - Manhasset, N.Y,
- Chautauqua Region Associated Medical Partners, LLC - Jamestown, N.Y. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in New York and Pennsylvania)
- Healthcare Provider ACO, Inc. - Garden City, N.Y.
- Mount Sinai Care, LLC - New York City
- ProHEALTH Accountable Care Medical Group, PLLC - Lake Success, N.Y. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Florida and New York)
- WESTMED Medical Group, PC - Purchase, N.Y. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Connecticut and New York)
- Coastal Medical, Inc. - Providence, R.I. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Massachusetts and Rhode Island)
- Accountable Care Coalition of Green Mountains, LLC - South Burlington, Vt.
- Advocate Health Partners - Rolling Meadows, Ill.
- Chicago Health System ACO, LLC - Westmont, Ill.
- Deaconess Care Integration, LLC - Evansville, Ind. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky)
- Franciscan AHN ACO, LLC - Mishawaka, Ind.
- Indiana University Health ACO, Inc. - Indianapolis
- Genesis Accountable Care Organization, LLC - Davenport, Iowa (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Illinois and Iowa)
- Iowa Health Accountable Care, L.C. - Des Moines, Iowa (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri)
- One Care LLC - Des Moines, Iowa
- University of Iowa Affiliated Health Providers, LC - Iowa City, Iowa
- Accountable Healthcare Alliance, PC - East Lansing, Mich.
- Oakwood Accountable Care Organization, LLC - Dearborn, Mich.
- Southeast Michigan Accountable Care, Inc. - Dearborn, Mich.
- Essential Health - Duluth, Minn. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin)
- BJC HealthCare ACO, LLC - St. Louis (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Illinois and Missouri)
- Heartland Regional Medical Center - St. Joseph, Mo. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Kansas and Missouri)
- Mercy Health Select, LLC - Cincinnati (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Indiana and Ohio)
- ProMedica Physician Group, Inc. - Toledo, Ohio (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Michigan and Ohio)
- Summa Accountable Care Organization - Akron, Ohio
- University Hospitals Coordinated Care - Shaker Heights, Ohio
- Aurora Accountable Care Organization LLC - Milwaukee
- Dean Clinic and St. Mary's Hospital Accountable Care Organization, LLC - Madison, Wis.
- ProHealth Solutions, LLC - Waukesha, Wis.
- Fort Smith Physicians Alliance ACO, LLC - Fort Smith, Ark. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Arkansas and Oklahoma)
- Accountable Care Coalition of Northwest Florida, LLC - Pensacola, Fla. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Alabama and Florida)
- Accountable Care Partners, LLC - Jacksonville, Fla. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Florida and Georgia)
- Allcare Options, LLC - Parrish, Fla.
- Florida Medical Clinic ACO, LLC - Zephyrhills, Fla.
- FPG Healthcare, LLC - Orlando, Fla.
- HealthNet LLC - Boynton Beach, Fla.
- Integrated Care Alliance, LLC - Gainesville, Fla.
- Medical Practitioners for Affordable Care, LLC - Melbourne, Fla.
- Palm Beach Accountable Care Organization, LLC - West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Reliance Healthcare Management Solutions, LLC - Tampa, Fla.
- WellStar Health Network, LLC - Marietta, Ga.
- Owensboro ACO - Owensboro, Ky. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Indiana and Kentucky)
- Quality Independent Physicians - Louisville, Ky. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Indiana and Kentucky)
- Southern Kentucky Health Care Alliance - Smiths Grove, Ky.
- TP-ACO LLC - Baton Rouge, La. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Florida, Louisiana and Tennessee)
- Accountable Care Coalition of Maryland, LLC - Hollywood, Md.
- Greater Baltimore Health Alliance Physicians, LLC – Baltimore (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Maryland and Pennsylvania)
- Maryland Accountable Care Organization of Eastern Shore LLC - National Harbor, Md.
- Maryland Accountable Care Organization of Western MD LLC - National Harbor, Md. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia)
- Medical Mall Services of Mississippi - Jackson, Miss.
- Cornerstone Health Care, PA - High Point, N.C.
- Triad Healthcare Network, LLC, located in Greensboro, N.C.
- Accountable Care Coalition of The Tri-Counties, LLC - Charleston, S.C.
- AnewCare LLC - Johnson City, Tenn. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in Tennessee and Virginia)
- Cumberland Center for Healthcare Innovation, LLC - Nashville, Tenn.
- MissionPoint Health Partners - Nashville, Tenn.
- St. Thomas Medical Group PLLC - Nashville, Tenn.
- Summit Health Solutions - Knoxville, Tenn.
- BHS Accountable Care, LLC - San Antonio
- Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Organization - Houston
- Methodist Patient Centered ACO - Dallas
- Essential Care Partners, LLC - Austin, Texas
- Physicians ACO, LLC - Houston
- Texoma ACO, LLC - Wichita Falls, Texas
- Arizona Health Advantage, - Chandler, Ariz.
- John C. Lincoln Accountable Care Organization, LLC - Phoenix
- ApolloMed Accountable Care Organization Inc - Glendale, Calif.
- Golden Life Healthcare LLC - Sacramento
- John Muir Physician Network - Walnut Creek, Calif.
- Meridian Holdings, Inc - Hawthorne, Calif. (serving Medicare beneficiaries in California, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas)
- North Coast Medical ACO, Inc. - Oceanside, Calif.
- Torrance Memorial Integrated Physicians, LLC - Torrance, Calif.
- Nevada Primary Care Network ACO, LLC - Las Vegas
- North Bend Medical Center, Inc. - Coos Bay, Ore.
- Central Utah Clinic, P.C. - Provo, Utah
- Polyclinic Management Services Company - Seattle, Wash.